Sunday, October 28, 2012

Ice Cream Cone Cake

 Ice Cream Cone Cake


This cake is as much fun to make as it is to eat!
By themselves, the cones taste a lot like sugar wafer cookies but bigger! 

For this cake, I used the Marble One-Egg Cake Recipe, the Butter cream frosting and the glaze that you can find here:
 http://learninghowtodecoratecakesmzz.blogspot.com/2012/10/chocolate-wedding-cake.html       
 
For the cones on the cake, I cut the cones in half, stuck them on the sides of the cake and filled them with icing, I used half white, half chocolate in the decorating bag with a star tip and then used a swirling motion to make them look like real ice cream cones.

The little colored balls are just bubble gum balls.





For the upside down ice cream cone on top I used part of the cake that I trimmed off  the top and sides of the cake, before putting on the crumb coat, made a cake ball, put it in the cone, put the cone on top of the cake upside down & angled and pushed down on the cake ball part, so it looked like it could be melted ice cream and then I put the glaze on top of it. Wanting the effect of melted ice cream on top.


You can find the recipe for cake balls here:  http://learninghowtodecoratecakesmzz.blogspot.com/2012/10/cake-ball-lollipops.html      I didn't follow the recipe exactly for this, though. I just used the extra cake and icing and mixed them together until I could form a ball, roughly the size of a baseball.

One thing I have found out that helps keep the plate clean until you're ready to decorate the cake is to cut parchment paper into 4 squares and put under the cake before you initially frost it with the crumb coat. You can remove them by pulling slowly and straight out, one at a time when you finish frosting the cake and are ready to decorate.


-->

No comments:

Post a Comment